My Promise with Maui

This story is where I am in first person and pretending to be the Sun from “Maui and the Sun”.

Aue! I have a feeling that Maui and his brothers are up to something bad. I can hear them mumbling about going to gather some harakeke to make something. I have no idea what they are trying to do but it must be something not that important. Everyone in the village is grumbling about me moving too fast. I don’t care what they say about me, I just care about myself. I saw Maui and his brothers making some rope out of the harakeke that they went to go and get. I wonder what they’re planning to do with it? The next day I rise from my sleep and Maui and his brothers have thrown a bunch of ropes over me and tied me up. I laugh at them, waiting for the ropes to burn but they don’t. I start to struggle more and more. Maui laughs and tells me that they put fire resistance on the ropes. He says if I want to live I have to Promise to go slow. I promise them that I will move slowly now every day I show up For 12 hours then go to sleep.

Māui and the Sun — Science Learning Hub

One thought on “My Promise with Maui

1. I love the way you have created excitement with your writing!! You really did entertain, well done.